A Study of Students’ Speech Acts in Organizational Education and Regeneration Program
This article aimed to describe, analyze, and explain the forms of speech acts of students after joining organizational education and regeneration program at Universitas Muhammadiyah Palopo. This research is a descriptive qualitative study that attempted to explain the speech acts that occur in the conversation. The subjects of this study were active students who had participated in the program. Data were taken from the results of observations, interviews, recording, and additional information in the field. The results of the research showed that the forms of the student speech act in the campus environment were (a) declarative, (b) imperative, and (c) interrogative.
Arifin, A. (2008). Representasi Tindak Tutur Siswa dalam Percakapan di Kelas. Malang: Universitas Negeri Malang.
Basrowi, B. & Suwandi, S. (2006). Memahami Penelitian Kualitatif. Jakarta: PT. RinekaCipta.
Damayanti, A. D. (2014). Tindak Tutur Kiai Mengenai Syarah (Penjelasan) Kitab Al Hikam Dan Tafsir Al-Qur’an Dalam Pengajian. Jurnal Bahasa & Sastra, 14 (1). 58-70.
Departemen Agama RI. (2008). Al-Qur’an dan terjemahannya. Bandung: Diponegoro.
Miles & Huberman. (1992). Analisis Data Kualitatif. (Translated by Tjejep Rohendi Rohiddari, Qualitative Data Analysis). Jakarta: Universitas Indonesia Press.
Moleong, L. J. (1994). Metodologi Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya.
Nadar, F. X. (2001). Pragmatik & Penelitian Pragmatik. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
Saleh, S. (2009). Representasi Kesantunan Berbahasa Mahasiswa dalam Wacana Akademik: Kajian Etnografi Komunikasi di Kampus Universitas Negeri Makassar. Malang: Universitas Negeri Malang.
Yule, G. (1996). Pragmatik. Translated by Fajar Wahyuni, Pragmatics. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Copyright (c) 2020 Harmita Sari, Puspa Sari
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
By submitting the manuscript of the article, the authors agree with this policy with no specific document sign-off required.
The authors certify that:
- if the manuscript is co-authored, they are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- the work described has not been formally published before in a registered ISSN or ISBN media, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis.
- it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- they secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere (it does not infringe the rights of others).
- they agree to Ethical Lingua license and copyright agreement.
All articles published by Ethical Lingua are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in Ethical Lingua.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in Ethical Lingua.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.