Verbal and Nonverbal Text Forms of Public Service Advertisements in the Regional Government of Bone Regency
A Pierce Semiotic Analysis
This study aims to analyze the form of verbal and nonverbal texts in public service advertisements in the Regional Government of Bone Regency using the semiotics of CS Peirce. This study used descriptive qualitative method. The data is sourced from text in the PSA of the Regional Government of Bone. The data collection procedures used in this study are recording and note taking techniques. The results showed that the verbal form of PSA Local Government uses the meaning of denotation and connotation, Bugis philosophical expressions. The nonverbal text forms are dominated by the photo of the head of Regional Government, because the photo has perfect representation ability, compared to other nonverbal elements. Photos of the Bone regent and deputy regent of Bone are as icons and the logo of the local government of Bone is as a symbol. The traditional clothing that is used and the traditional house that is the setting for PSA are as indexes.
Barthes, R. (1983). Mythologies. New York: Hill and Wang
Budiman, K. (2011). Semiotika Visual: Konsep, Isu, dan Problem Ikonisitas. Yogyakarta: Jalasutra
Danesi, M. (2010). Pengantar Memahami Semiotika Media. (penerjemah A. Gunawan Admiranto). Yogyakarta: Jalasutra.
Hoed, B. H. (2001). Dari logika Tuyul ke Erotisme. Magelang: Indonesiatera.
Kridalaksana, H. (2001). Kamus Linguistik. Jakarta: PT Gramedia.
Pujiyanto, (2013). Iklan Layanan Masyarakat. Yogyakarta: Andi.
Sunardi, S. (2004). Semiotika Negativa. Yogyakarta: Buku baik.
Tinarbuko, S. (2013). Semiotika Komunikasi Visual. Yogyakarta:Jalasutra.
Tinarbuko, S. (2015). Dekave Desain Komunikasi Visual: Penanda Zaman Masyarakat Global, Yogyakarta: CAPS.
Tifonas, P. P. (2017). Pokok dan Tokoh Posmoderisme. (Penerjemah Sigit Jatmiko dan Helmi Mustofa), Yogyakarta: Octopus.
Copyright (c) 2020 Fatimah Tahir
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
By submitting the manuscript of the article, the authors agree with this policy with no specific document sign-off required.
The authors certify that:
- if the manuscript is co-authored, they are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- the work described has not been formally published before in a registered ISSN or ISBN media, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis.
- it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- they secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere (it does not infringe the rights of others).
- they agree to Ethical Lingua license and copyright agreement.
All articles published by Ethical Lingua are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in Ethical Lingua.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in Ethical Lingua.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.