Linguistics Devices’ Appreciation in Semarang’s Online Cuisine Advertisement Text
Persuasive communication can be found in advertisement language. Creating advertisement that attractive, right on target, and effective in attracting potential customers, is a must to win the competition. An advertisement must be able to present everything that is smart, innovative, and must also be different in a unique sense compared to the others. This article specifically explores the appreciation devices in Semarang’s cuisine advertisement text phasing on the internet. Appreciation is one of the choices from the attitude aspects that part of appraisal system. Data in the form of attitudinal lexis were collected from online advertising texts which promote foods in Semarang. The method of providing data using the observation method. The basic technique used is the tapping technique. Meanwhile, the advance techniques used are the free, active, proficient listening technique and the note – taking technique. The data analysis in this study used a separate method. The basic technique used is the technique for direct elements, while the advance technique uses the lesion technique and the dressing technique. The results of the discussion show that the appreciation used in the Semarang’s cuisine advertisement texts on the internet is positive appreciation.
Arifin, Z. (2000). Pemakaian Bahasa dalam Iklan Berita dan Papan Reklame. Jakarta: Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
Eisner, E. W. (1991). The Enlightened Eye: Qualitative Inquiry and the Enhancement of Educational Practice. New York, NY: Macmillan Publishing Company.
Kasali, R. (1995). Manajemen Periklanan: Konsep dan Aplikasinya di Indonesia. Jakarta: Pustaka Utama Grafiti.
Kleppner, O. (1931). Advertising Procedure. New York: Prentice Hall Inc.
Kotler, P. & Keller, K. L. (2007). Manajemen Pemasaran. Jakarta: PT Indeks Kelompok Gramedia.
Lincoln, Y. S., & Guba, E. G. (1985). Naturalistic Inquiry. Beverly Hills: Sage Publication.
Martin, J. R. & Rose, D. (2003). Working with Discourse: Meaning Beyond the Clause. London: Continuum.
Martin, J. R., & White, P. R. R. (2005). The Language of Evaluation: Appraisal in English. New York: Palgrave MacMillan.
Noviani, R. (2002). Jalan Tengah Memahami Iklan. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Nur, A. M. & Hadi, A. S. (2016). Realisasi Appraisal dalam Aspek Attitude pada Media Online Instagram. Sasindo Universitas Pamulang, 3(2), 15–25.
Pusparini, A., Djatmika, D., Santosa, R. (2017). Analisis Sistem Appraisal Berita Proses Eksekusi Duo Bali Nine (Pendekatan Linguistik Sistemik Fungsional). Paramasastra, 4(2), 193–208.
Santosa, R. (2014). Genre and Register of Antagonist’s Language in Media: An Appraisal Study of Indonesian Newspaper. Kata, 16(1), 23–36.
Shurter, R. L. (1971). Written Communication in Business. New York: McGraw Hill.
Spradley, J. P. (1980). Participant Observation. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
Strauss, A. & Corbin, J. (1990). Qualitative Research; Grounded Theory Procedure and Techniques. London: Sage Publication.
Sudaryanto. (2015). Metode dan Aneka Teknik Analisis Bahasa: Pengantar Penelitian Wahana Kebudayaan secara Linguistis. Yogyakarta: Universitas Sanata Dharma Anggota APPTI.
Tiani, R. (2017). Judgement Sebagai Sistem Appraisal dalam Iklan Kecantikan Visual Media Cetak. Nusa: Jurnal Ilmu Bahasa dan Sastra, 12(4), 256-264. https://doi.org/10.14710/nusa.12.4.256-264
Tjiptono, F. (2005). Pemasaran Jasa. Malang: Bayumedia Publishing.
Wiratno, T. (2018). Pengantar Ringkas Linguistik Sistemik Funsional. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Copyright (c) 2020 Nanik Setyawati, Riyadi Santosa, Sumarlam Sumarlam, Dwi Purnanto
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
By submitting the manuscript of the article, the authors agree with this policy with no specific document sign-off required.
The authors certify that:
- if the manuscript is co-authored, they are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- the work described has not been formally published before in a registered ISSN or ISBN media, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis.
- it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- they secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere (it does not infringe the rights of others).
- they agree to Ethical Lingua license and copyright agreement.
All articles published by Ethical Lingua are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in Ethical Lingua.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in Ethical Lingua.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.