The Principle of Language Politeness in the Discourse of Husband-Wife Dialogue at Toronge, Baranti District of Sidenreng Rappang Regency
The purpose of this study was to determine the principle of language politeness in the discourse of husband-wife dialogue in the village community. The sources of data in this study were the husband and wife community of the Tonronge Village, Baranti District, Sidenreng Rappang Regency. This type of research used qualitative descriptive research to clearly describe the form of the principle of language politeness. Data collection techniques consisted of observation, recording, tapping techniques, and documentation. The results showed that the principle of language politeness in society in the discourse of husband-wife dialogue in the community reflects the implementation of the cultural values of "siri" as a central value. The use of special vocabulary, such as taalani (please get it), ta (yours), iye (yes), ki (you) shows politeness in language.
Chaer, A. & Agustina, L. (2004). Sosiolinguistik, Perkenalan Awal (Edisi Revisi). Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Nurjamal, D., Sumirat, W., & Darwis, R. (2011). Terampil berbahasa. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Pangaribuan, L. (2016). Kualitas Komunikasi Pasangan Suami Istri Dalam Menjaga Keharmonisan Perkawinan. JURNAL SIMBOLIKA: Research and Learning in Communication Study, 2(1). http://ojs.uma.ac.id/index.php/simbolika/article/view/214/163
Ridwan, Z. A., & Supratman, L. P. (2018). Pola Komunikasi Antarpribadi Pasangan Husband Wife Lanjut Usia. e-Proceeding of Management, 5(3), 4119–4143. https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/299926363.pdf
Sari, H. & Maming, R. (2019). Analisis Nilai Moral Dalam Teks Ma’parapa Prosesi Rampanan Kapa Di Tana Toraja. Jurnal Semantik, 8(2), 1–9. http://e-journal.stkipsiliwangi.ac.id/index.php/semantik/article/view/1557
Setiawan, G. A. (2020). Komunikasi Antarpribadi pada Pasangan Suami Istri Muda yang Istrinya Tetap Bekerja. Jurnal BECOSS, 2(1), 53–61. https://journal.binus.ac.id/index.php/BECOSS/article/view/6061
Yule, G. (2011). Pragmatik. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Copyright (c) 2020 Harmita Sari, Sukmawati Tono Palangngan, Samsinar Samsinar, Pancana Beta
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
By submitting the manuscript of the article, the authors agree with this policy with no specific document sign-off required.
The authors certify that:
- if the manuscript is co-authored, they are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- the work described has not been formally published before in a registered ISSN or ISBN media, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis.
- it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- they secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere (it does not infringe the rights of others).
- they agree to Ethical Lingua license and copyright agreement.
All articles published by Ethical Lingua are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in Ethical Lingua.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in Ethical Lingua.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.